Work Exchange Program
The Work Exchange Program allows individuals to work a significant number of volunteer hours in exchange for a complimentary pass (valued over $360) to attend the 20th Anniversary Hawai‘i Conservation Conference.
Program CommitmentParticipants in the program agree to:
- Completing 12-14 hours of service at the 2012 HCC.
- Be billed for the full conference price, if they do not complete their scheduled hours.
- Attending a mandatory orientation on July 30th, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Sign in and out with the Work Exchange Coordinator for each shift (this is the participant’s responsibility in order to receive credit for hours worked, NOT the responsibility of the Work Exchange Coordinator).
Program BenefitsFor participating in the Work Exchange Program, participants receive:
- Access to conference sessions outside of work schedule, the exhibit hall, opening reception
- Emerging Professionals Networking Event 20th Anniversary Public Celebration & Poster Reception
- Conference Program Book
- Reusable Drinkware with Refill Beverage Coupons
- One (1) Lunch Coupon for use on Tuesday or Wednesday
- One Buffet Lunch Ticket for the HCA Awards Ceremony & Luncheon
- 2012 HCC t-shirt
- Exclusive invitation to HCC Pau Hana for all conference workers
May 15 - June 3, Accepting ApplicationsFor more information about the Work Exchange Program, download the Details Packet.
July 5 - July 13, Participant Decisions Made
July 20 - Participant Schedules Emailed
July 30 - Mandatory Orientation (10am - 12pm)
July 31 - Aug 2, Hawai‘i Conservation Conference
Questions? Please contact:
Cassie Smith, Work Exchange Program Coordinator